10/13/2010

Heat Wave in the area, what to do when I have to stay home with my child?

Many times I have heard other moms say "Help! I'm having my kids at home, what should I do with them if we can't get out?" On the last few days, I've been staying at home in that situation and although I didn't know what to expect it hasn't been as chaotic as I expected.

We start the day by reading some books, then we would dance or sing some of her favorite songs. Now that she is a toddler, she is enjoying doing craft projects, everything can get really messy by I'm sure both of you will have a great time!

Another  activity I like to encourage her to do is "pretend play" at her age she enjoys pretending she is an animal, a zookeeper or even a princess this type of play can have her busy or a long time, I just need to give her some direction or "ideas" so she starts developing a complete story around the situation.

I found this pretend play to be a great way to develop her imagination and for me to notice all the things she has been learning on these years.

Do you have any other ideas on what to do when you have to stay at home with your kids?

No comments:

Post a Comment